Unreached nations on the roof of the world
The mighty mountain chain of the Pamir is located in the East of Tajikistan. 93% of Tajikistan are covered with mountains, but the Pamir is called the roof of the world. There are four summits higher than 23.000 feet. In the valleys and mountain plateaus of the Pamir there are 300,000 people living in little villages or settlements, very remote and in great poverty. They consider themselves Muslims, but often, they live according to old, occult traditions of their ancestors. The road to their villages crossing mountain passes higher than 13,000 feet was always considered a way to hell.
But throughout the past years, God has revealed opportunities to reach out to the Pamir nations with the Gospel. These people are very open to hearing more about God, and about Jesus Christ, and together with the believers of churches in Tajikistan, we started taking the Gospel to the Pamir nations. Therefore, the way to the Pamir that was called a way to hell has become a way to life today!
THE PAMIR NATIONS LIVE IN HIGH ALTITUDE, VERY REMOTE, AND IN GREAT POVERTY. TODAY, GOD HAS GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO REACH THESE NATIONS WITH THE GOSPEL.
Exploring the Pamir and ways for the Gospel
MANY OF THE PAMIR PEOPLE HAVE A SERIOUS INTEREST IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT GOD AND ABOUT THE BIBLE.
Five years ago, in 2016, God revealed opportunities to Bible Mission for an active participation in the ministry of taking the Gospel to the Pamir region and reaching the nations of the Pamir for Christ. These are 300,000 people living in the mountains, in very poor villages. He has allowed us to experience countless blessings ever since.
SHORT-TERM OUTREACH EXPEDITIONS:
Small teams of believers went out on outreach journeys, traveling thousands of kilometers to settlements in the high mountain plateaus of the Pamir. The purpose of their travels was research, establishing contacts, prayer, and the distribution of the Gospel and of Bibles. The houses of those people who opened their doors for the missionaries and their hearts to the message they brought, became so-called Houses of Peace. These are houses where the missionaries are always welcome and where other people can come to and meet with the missionaries, read the Bible, ask questions and pray.
HUMANITARIAN AID EXPEDITIONS:
The teams of believers went to the Pamir settlements to serve the local population and help them in their specific needs. They brought teams of dentists and of eye specialists, and they carried desperately needed clothes, shoes and food supplies. They also conducted sports events with sport teams and organized specific programs and relief actions for kids.
All of these ministry efforts brought forth fruit, it was a successful building of trust and relationships, the Word of God was distributed and the Spirit of God acted in the hearts of the people.
Starting point Rushon
Today, God has given to us the opportunity of starting a ministry in the city of Rushon, Tajikistan. God gave us good connections to the local school, which is also attended by the children of the families living in the mountains. The first step for 2020 is to equip the school with a sports ground and soccer field for the children. The local authorities made the land available, and we can build the sports field there. Also, we want to help renovate the assembly hall of the school. This is a first step and wonderful opportunity in a country which is dominated by Islam. The next step, Lord willing, for 2021 is to build a Hope Center for children in the same town. This Hope Center will also serve as a Mission Center for the ministry of the Gospel throughout the entire Pamir region.
Everything had been prepared and we were ready to get started in May 2020, when COVID-19 came…
The virus and the situation around the lockdown due to Corona has changed our plans for the Pamir for 2020, but it has not stopped them!
With the lockdown in Tajikistan, which came late but very harsh, God gave us an additional of eight weeks for active prayer:
- when we didn‘t know if we would be allowed to travel to Rushon – we prayed to God
- when we didn‘t know who would be ready to go there – we prayed to God
- when we didn‘t know if we‘d have enough funds to purchase material,- we prayed to God
- Every decision taken and every step made were God‘s answer to our prayers.
8 weeks late, but they‘ve arrived!
In the first week of July, God opened up the possibility for four brothers from Dushanbe to go to Rushon. Sobir was leading the team as they had meetings and more detailed discussions with the leadership of the school and of the cities authorities of Rushon. They were very open to our ministry in their school and are ready to co-operate and create conditions for the work to be accomplished.
Here is what happened these past days:
- On July 3, 2020, construction material was purchased in Dushanbe.
- On July 4, 2020, brother Sobir, the leader of the team, started feeling bad and became sick. He also shared about his recent trip to the Pamir earlier this year and about a strong spiritual pressure all of the brothers felt as they traveled throughout the Pamir villages. Our entire team was praying for Sobir.
- On July 5, 2020, Sobir felt better.
- On July 6, 2020, Sobir and the team left to Kulyab in the South of Tajikistan at the border to Afghanistan. They loaded more construction material on two trucks.
- Then they started on a 35 hours drive to Rushon.
- They arrived in Rushon on July 7
- On July 8, they started working on preparing the territory for the sports field.
180 KIDS ARE GOING TO SCHOOL IN RUSHON. RIGHT NEXT TO THE SCHOOL, WE WILL BUILD A SPORTS FIELD FOR THEM. ON THE PICTURE IN THE GREEN SHIRT: SPORTS-DIRECTOR OF THE AREA, NEXT TO HIM: CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN.
BROTHERS FROM DUSHANBE (SEE PICTURE ON THE TOP) LOADED BUILDING MATERIAL IN DUSHANBE FIRST, THEN THEY LOADED MORE MATERIAL IN KULYAB, SOUTH TAJIKISTAN NEXT TO AFGHANISTAN, AND THEN THEY TRAVELLED OVER 30 HOURS TO THE PAMIR.
for God‘s protection:
- for the brothers traveling, the roads in the Pamir mountains are difficult and dangerous terrain
- from people who are in opposition to the Gospel
- from accidents at the construction site
FOR THE CONSOLIDATION OF RELATIONS ESTABLISHED:
- with the leadership of the local school and authorities in Rushon
- with the families of the Pamir nation
FOR THE SPREAD AND STRENGTHENING OF THE GOSPEL:
- in the hearts of those already reached with the Gospel
- in those families which will be reached with God‘s Word
- in the hearts of children who are the target group of the ministry of the Hope Center to be built.
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE AREA OF RUSHON, THAT GOD WOULD ACCOMPLISH A GREAT WORK IN THIS REGION, A WORK ONLY HE CAN DO – THE BEGINNING OF A REVIVAL IN THE PAMIR.